We are so thrilled that our owner and founder, Heather Locke, was selected as one of the panelists for The W Source Scottsdale / Arcadia Chapter discussion, “Marketing Your Business in 2020”!
The event boasted seven members of The W Source, all involved in various aspects of marketing. W Source member Debbie Pontikas moderated the discussion and led the audience down a marketing highway, covering all the cogs of the marketing machine. Each panelist gave her opinion, along with practical examples, about why her branch was a vital part of a business’ strategy. Each panelist gave great advice and all answered audience questions – it was a wonderful collaboration and networking opportunity for all those in attendance!
The esteemed panel was comprised of:
Kelly Bohm – Driven Relationships – Client & Lead Engagement
Jean Laninga – Photography/Social Media Branding
Heather Locke – Hammersmith Support – Website Development
Robyn Moore – Mack Media Relations – PR
Katrina Oko-Odoi, PhD – ContentWorm – Content Writing
Ashley Richards – E Squared Marketing – Digital Marketing
Emily Soccorsy – Root + River – Brand Strategy
In case you missed it, here are few key take aways from the morning:
- The old days of beating potential customers over the head with advertising are over! Create your brand that is rooted in your core beliefs as business and market those beliefs instead.
- Branding photography is much more than just head shots. Getting shots of varying angles, environments, and connections each show a different side of your brand. Also, knowing what you are going to do with the images plays a huge roll in what kind of pictures to capture.
- The number one thing you can do to boost your search engine optimization is to have a blog. Consistent, fresh, and relevant content gives web crawlers new information to evaluate as well as free content for your clients and potential clients to digest.
- When it comes to your website, ensuring that your site is secure, mobile optimized, and accessible are keys for success.
- Tapping into your existing database in search of new leads is an obvious yet wildly overlooked marketing tactic. Using a database to analyze your past customers as well as contacts can generate new business.
- Text campaigns have a 99% open rate. While that may not be a relevant tactic for your business or marketing, it’s still a staggering enough statistic for anyone to appreciate!
Want to know more about The W Source and their upcoming events? Click over to their site for more information.