Platforms, hosts, domains, oh my! There are so many essential parts to a healthy website. Today, we’re going to dive deeper into why good hosting for your site matters. A website host is a service provider that administers the technologies and services needed for a website to be viewed on the internet. It’s kind of like a rental space for a business. It is the “rental” space for your website.
While it may seem like any old host will do, the reality is that a good host can mean a big difference for your site. Investing in good website hosting is essential for ensuring a fast, secure, and reliable website experience for your visitors, which contributes to increased visitor engagement, boosted brand image, and potentially greater revenue.
What’s at Stake?
- Speed: A busy server means longer load times. And slow load times can drive away potential customers who aren’t willing to wait around for a page to load. Good website hosting offers fast servers that are optimized for website loading times.
- Security: Good website hosting provides a range of security such as features firewalls, SSL certificates, and global edge security to help protect sensitive data and prevent cyber-attacks.
- Uptime: Having your site available to be viewed is crucial. A good hosting provider ensures minimal site downtime. If your website is down, it can lead to lost revenue, decreased user engagement, and a negative impact on your brand image.
- Scalability: Having a host server that can accommodate your business’ growth with matching speed, security, and uptime is critical to scaling your business.
- Support: This one is more for you than site visitors, but having one on one support available when something goes wrong, or when you just have a question is important. A good hosting provider offers reliable and responsive technical support that can assist you in case of any issues or problems with your website.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Page speed, reliability and security are all factors used to determine your website search ranking.
WP Engine Is Hammersmith Support’s Preferred Host
At Hammersmith Support, we exclusively use WP Engine hosting equipped with global edge security. For us, WP Engine hosting is the perfect partnership for us to support our client’s websites because we know we are managing our client’s sites with a top-of-the-line product. Our dedicated server means secure and fast load times along with room to grow.
In addition to WP Engine Hosting on our dedicated server, our maintenance clients also enjoy these benefits of our maintenance packages:
- Site backups and live staging copy maintained
- Security scans and malware prevention
- Site optimization
- Full site test each month
- Submission to Google Search Console
- 2–4 hours of content updates each month
When you have a Hammersmith Support maintenance package, you work directly with us! Not a 1-800 number to call when you have a question or a problem. There’s no submitting ticket, or scrambling for a contact – we’re just a call or an email away!
If you have questions, we can help! Not only does Hammersmith Support offer website hosting, but we also offer website building services, site refreshes as well as maintenance packages. Set up a complimentary 30-minute meeting, and let’s talk about your business and how we can help you.