Platforms, hosts, domains, oh my! There are so many essential parts to a healthy website. Today, we’re going to dive deeper into why good hosting for your site matters. A website host is a service provider that administers the technologies and services needed for a website to be viewed on the internet. It’s kind of like a rental space for a business. It is the “rental” space for your website. While it may seem like any old host will do, the reality is that a good host can mean a big difference for your site. Here’s why:
What’s at Stake?
- Speed: A busy server means longer load times. And slow loading can cost you potential customers who aren’t willing to wait around for a page to load.
- Security: Not every hosting fee includes a security certificate and adding one à la carte can be expensive.
- Uptime: Having your site available to be viewed is crucial. A lower-cost host may also come with less uptime, costing you visitors.
- Scalability: Having a host server that can accommodate your business’ growth with matching speed, security, and uptime is critical to scaling your business.
- Support: This one is more for you than site visitors, but having one on one support available when something goes wrong, or when you just have a question is important.
WP Engine Is Hammersmith Support’s Preferred Host
At Hammersmith Support, we exclusively use WP Engine hosting. For us, WP Engine hosting is the perfect partnership for us to support our client’s websites because we know we are managing our client’s sites with a top-of-the-line product. Our dedicated server means secure and fast load times along with room to grow. We offer stand-alone hosting for clients or as part of our Premium Monthly Maintenance package.
In addition to WP Engine Hosting on our dedicated server, our maintenance clients also enjoy these benefits of our maintenance packages:
- Site backups and live staging copy maintained
- Security scans and malware prevention
- Site optimization
- Full site test each month
- Submission to Google Search Console
- 2–4 hours of content updates each month
When you have a Hammersmith Support maintenance package, you work directly with us! Not a 1-800 number to call when you have a question or a problem. There’s no submitting ticket, or scrambling for a contact – we’re just a call or an email away!
If you have questions, we can help! Not only does Hammersmith Support offer website hosting, but we also offer website building services, site refreshes as well as two different maintenance packages. Set up a complimentary 30-minute meeting, and let’s talk about your business and how we can help you.